birthday: July 11
single or taken: Single
eye colour: Dark amber
middle name: I don’t have one. My parents decided that, since I have a hyphenated last name, I didn’t need one
favourite colour: Blue
lucky number: 42
hogwarts house [x]: Ravenclaw
favourite fictional character: Toby from the Maddaddam trilogy
favourite television show: Star Trek TNG. Favorite current show is Top Chef
future children’s names: Not planning on having kids, but if I did, Laura is at the top of the list
meaning of your name: Noble lady
ultimate otps: Janeway/Chakotay, Hermann/Vanessa, Rhaegar/Elia
what do you plan to/do for a living: Former baker, current biology student
starbucks order: Cinnamon latte, or iced green tea
THIS OR THAT:
introvert or extravert: Itrovert
dawn or dusk: Dusk
righty or lefty: Mostly righty, but there are some things I do better on the left
coffee or tea: Yes
rain or shine: Shine
reading or writing: Reading
THINGS THAT ARE NOT ACTUALLY VERY SCARY:
- Black Holes are bound by the same gravitational laws as everything else. The galaxy is full of them but we didn’t even start noticing them until recently.
- Sharks kill maybe five people in a really bad year. Lightning kills forty.
- Radioactivity is only harmful in very large doses, otherwise our cells are pretty resilient and have mechanisms to repair damaged DNA.
- Aliens are unlikely to be more than microbes (life on Earth was strictly microbial for 9/10ths of its history) and anyway it’s probably impossible for them to get here from wherever they are.
- Computers only do what they’re told to do. Seriously.
Yes I support gay rights.
Yes I would care if you died.
No I’m not going to reblog that post.
I think I’ve figured out this Tortall/Pacific Rim idea.
- The pilots are Alanna and Wyldon. They’re both career military, but that’s where the similarities end. Wyldon comes from a long line of military men, and his rise through the ranks, while certainly deserved, has always been something of a foregone conclusion. Alanna, on the other hand, has had to claw her way to the top, starting with joining the military against her father’s express wishes (he’d wanted her to go to college and study something appropriate, like history or science or business.) Alanna’s and Wyldon’s Drift compatibility comes as a surprise to absolutely everyone, including them. Wyldon is inflexible and stoic, Alanna is impulsive and aggressive; they don’t really like each other, but they understand each other and they trust each other and they balance each other out. Their jaeger is called Lightning Sirius.
- Jon and Gary are running things up in LOCCENT. Jon deals mostly with the outside world- politicians, local authorities, journalists. Gary oversees combat operations.
- Raoul is the head of ‘dome security. His job is to keep unauthorized people out, be they terrorists or rogue bloggers. He gets a lot more of the latter than the former. His chief underlings are Dom and Kel. He coordinates a lot with Thayet, who handles much of the day-to-day operations of the Shatterdome. She is scary good at it.
- George is the go-between with Hannibal Chau. Officially, he’s on the PPDC cleanup crew. Unofficially, he makes sure K-Science gets the parts they need at a good price with a minimum of fuss.
- Daine is basically Newt. (Daine: I’M GOING TO TALK TO THE KAIJU!! Numair: DO NOT TALK TO THE KAIJU THIS IS A BAD IDEA DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE DOLPHINS?!)
Doctor Who is no longer my fave TV show and you have no idea how sad that makes me
hizdahr zo loraq
this filter makes the costumes look much better than they did on the show. but the “tokar” still looks like spanx bondage wraps.
50 shades of Slaver’s Bay
i’m sure someone has done this already but i don’t really care rn
appropriate that it’s jaime pushing.
|—||Alan Moore (via class-snuggle)|
do action movies know they can have more than one female character
Someone should make an action movie with all girls except for one guy and have no explanation or mention of it in the movie and then pay all of the actors to act surprised like they’d never noticed when they get the inevitable storm of questions.
This one male must have a shower scene, be saved by the protagonist at least once, and fall in love with a lead female.